Saturday, May 14, 2011

Flip Flops are Becoming White Trash

Yes I said it. It absolutely needed to be done. It's completely true. I know you're sad. But hey if you wanna be white trash, go right ahead. I will too. Alright I'll get to the point I'm trying to make. Flip flops are fading. In the fashion world. Why?
1. They are cheap.
2. They have been found to be extremely terrible on your feet.
3. They look terrible when someone tries to dress up and wear them.
Don't worry though, flip flops aren't going to disappear or spontaneously combust. They'll still live. You should buy a pair for the beach, or...or I actually cannot think of another reason to buy them, except for slipping them on your feet because you're lazy. I also have a solution. They started emerging last year and have become an even larger phenomenon: Sandals. What exactly are sandals anyways? Do they even exist within the average american vocabulary list?
Sandal:
a shoe consisting of a sole of leather or other material fastened to the foot by thongs or straps.
 
....sounds like a flip flop right? wrong! Here are some gorgeous sandals that are sure to make you forget all about flip flops: By the way, these are under $20!

 These 5 found at http://www.papayaclothing.com
If you haven't heard of papaya clothing, go check it out now! I actually bought a pair of the white sandals!                                                                             
                                                                             

 Sandals are comfortable, they don't flip or flop, and they stay on your feet. I know everyone's done it before, you're out walking and someone steps on your heel or you're just a klutz and your flip flop falls off, it's embarrassing, I know, I've been there too. You can also find cheap sandals in similar styles at: http://www.wetseal.com





 Look for styles that have buckles, beads, ruffles, cuffs, colors, and cool fake leather patterns. These 5 found at http://www.wetseal.com and under $20 of course! Stray away from the flip flop this summer and try out a sandal, your feet will thank you and so will your fashion sense!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment