Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Review

So in Maine, people dress normal most of the time. There was not one person I saw with a notable wardrobe malfunction. So instead of sniper photos to show all of you, I'm reviewing new and upandcoming trends.

Denim, Denim, Denim
Taken from Teen Vogue
New Trend is high-waisted(not your grandma's high-waisted) bell bottom jeans. The 70s style is back, and I have to say it's pretty cute, I think I'm gonna have to buy a pair when I'm school shopping(there will definitely be a blog on that).------->
All I ever wear is skinny jeans so this is a nice change.



However there's another trend, that I'm hoping won't get too popular. It's just like those denim coveralls from a few blogs back. Ew. In  my teen vogue, it states: "Docs(Doc Marten's) plus cropped jumpsuit equals tomboy perfection". You will be as confused as I was when you look at the picture...
Taken from Teen Vogue
<-----Seriously, what was the stylist on set of that photoshoot thinking? Do you think any of us could walk around anywhere wearing this? How is it 'tomboy perfection'. It looks more like toddler perfection to me.







The next trend is called "resin coated denim". I'm not too sure about this one, I think I'll have to try on a pair and see how they wear. They come in tons of color although I don't know if I like them.
Taken from Teen Vogue






More trends to consider:
-wool for winter is a trend forecast
-metallics are in,and so is playful patterns/designs; to see this in action you can watch the Dior fashion show here: http://www.diorcouture.com, the designs are pretty sweet, you might be shocked when you see the outfits(they will be bizarre) but that's how a haute couture catwalk is.The show begins with playful pieces and about halfway through you can see the metallic inspiration.

-my favorite trend, vintage, is becoming more popular, so I'll also keep an eye out for more comebacks from past decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment