Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Pleather Skirt....

I'm sure you've heard or seen a pleather skirt or maybe it's old news to you. Well this trend is trying to scale its way up the runway for fall and winter. I don't like it. It's not a cute casual look. I actually kind of like it as a more dressed up look, however it just feels tacky to me. The same with pleather pants...Olivia Newton is the only one allowed to pull them off.
<--This is a cute one. By the way it's only $11.50 at charlotterusse.com





This is not.-----> This is tacky. Very tacky. It could also send a bad message towards your personality...
I mean I'm all about dressing for yourself, but frankly wearing specific types of clothing you're obviously dressing for someone else. Believe me, we all know.



My tips for a pleather skirt are quite simple:
1.) If you're going to buy one, find one that makes you look jazzy, like a million bucks. Because you don't want to be tacky.
2.) In order to not look tacky, I'd advise you to stay away from any embellishments on the pleather, meaning-studs, diamonds, sequins, chains, etc.
3.) Black is perfectly classy, gold is too. Unfortunately almost any other color in pleather looks strange.
4.) Make sure the skirt is not too body constricting or short. It's edgy, don't make it even more racy.
5.) Pull them off plain or with a pair of black snazzy tights.

Honestly I don't think I'm buying one. Don't let me sway your decision though.

No comments:

Post a Comment